1) Betty Bynum v. Penguin Random House LLC (2022)
Action on behalf of author of book against Penguin Random House for infringing book. Settled.
2) Sound And Color, LLC V. Samuel Smith et al. (2022)
Action for copyright infringement against Sam Smith in connection with a song entitled “Dancing with a Stranger.” Pending.
3) Summit Kaiju LLC v. Legend Pictures, LLC (2022)
Action on behalf of the creator of the monster character against film producers of a film entitled “Godzilla King of the Monsters” for copyright infringement. Pending.
4) Arthur Lee Alfred ii v. The Walt Disney Company (2022)
5) Juliana Furtado v. Brandon Nutt, et al. (2022)
Action for fraud on behalf of private investors against the producer of the film. Pending.
6) 828 Media Capital, LLC et al v. SSS Film Capital, LLC et al (2021)
Action on behalf of the financier in the film industry against another financier for multiple claims, including intentional interference with the contract. Pending.
7) In re: Malo Band LLC v. Arcelio R. Garcia (2021)
Action on behalf of famous Lantin Rock group MALO against “cover band” before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Pending.
8) Marlayna McBride v. Thomas Richard Vargas (2021)
Action on behalf of an individual being harassed and defamed by her high school boyfriend. Pending.
9) Josephine Eshagian v. Olivia Hazin (2021)
Action on behalf of an individual who was harassed on social media. Pending.
10) Alfred v. Disney et al.
Ninth Circuit Ruling Reversing Lower Court’s Dismissal of Case on a Motion to Dismiss re Substantial Similarity of Copyright Infringement
11) Wyndham Lewis v. 20th Century Fox Television
Los Angeles Superior Court Ruling Denying Motion for Summary Judgment in Idea Theft Case
12) Benel v. Universal City Studios et al
Central District of California Ruling on Defendant Universal’s Anti-SLAPP Motion and Motion to Dismiss and Defendant UTA’s Motion to Dismiss
13) Sepe v. Sepe
Court of Appeal Decision Reversing, in part, a Lower Court Ruling on Defendants’ Demurrer."
14) Seyed E. KABEHIE et al. v. Farid ZOLAND et al.
Court of Appeals ruled in favor of the firm client in breach of contract case on the issue of copyright preemption